About this activity
During this exciting eco-tour, you will be mesmerized by Costa Rica’s natural beauty as you explore Palo Verde National Park. Start your adventure on board a tour bus taking you through charming countryside vistas and past vast sugarcane plantations to the park. Declared a wildlife refuge during the 1970s, over 60 species of birds use the laguna, or wetland, as a migratory stop and it is one of the last remaining tropical dry rainforests that once covered most of Central America. When you arrive, your Palo Verde boat tour begins as you cruise down the Tempisque River, the longest river in the country. Your expert guide will tell you all about the park’s incredible biodiversity and the efforts being made to preserve it. Keep an eye out for the local plant and animal life that inhabits the park, including white-faced and howler monkeys, coatis, American crocodiles, iguanas and the park’s namesake, the beautiful ‘Palo Verde’ tree! Costa Rica is one of the most biodiverse places on earth and this tour is one of the best for wildlife watching.
About the tour
Minimum Age to Participate: All ages
Child age: 4 to 11 years
Free Child age: 0 to 3 years
• Travel through Costa Rica’s lush countryside and sugarcane fields
• Float down the Tempisque River, the longest in the country
• Admire the incredible biodiversity and animal species in Palo Verde National Park
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Use biodegradable sunblock
- Bring extra cash
- Wear walking shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- French-speaking guide available only on Sunday during high season, from November 1st to April 30th. Please contact your representative.
Wheelchair Accesible: Yes
Activity Level: Mild
Languages: English, Spanish, French.
Tour Type: Eco-experiences.